The Sweet Heat of a Spa Getaway in Winter
From before the solstice on December 21 to its spring counterpart on March 20, the winter days between are the perfect time to warm yourself with a spa getaway to the Explorers’ Edge region of Ontario. There’s something about the snowy season that evokes a need to rest and repose, and just like the woodland animals that retreat to their cozy lairs to hibernate, the long months with the shortest days are, for some of us, a time to take it easy and chill out. Warm yourself with a little self-care and self-indulgence this winter.
In addition to resorts, inns and day spas offering special packages designed to reset your inner balance and well-being, the many fine establishments throughout the Almaguin Highlands, Muskoka and Parry Sound are situated in some of the most stunning seasonal scenery you’ll find in the province of Ontario. The frosted forests, the vistas across thousands of frozen lakes, and the pure white snow that falls anew will heighten your senses and generate a feeling of calm and revitalization.
This winter, warm yourself with a spa getaway to Explorers’ Edge. The time is right.
Here is just a partial list of sensational spas in the Explorers’ Edge region:
** Open Year Round
- Amba Spa at The Sherwood Inn Mactier **
- The Couples Resort Spa Whitney (Algonquin Park) **
- Nails by Anna Mobile Spa Parry Sound **
- Perfectly Pampered Day Spa Parry Sound **
- Radiant Reflections Destination Spa at Rawley Resort Port Severn **
- Sanctuary Day Spa at Windermere House **
- Shizen Spa & Salon at Deerhurst Resort Hunstville **
- The Spa at Christie’s Mill Port Severn **
- Spa Rosseau at the J.W. Marriott Resort Minett **
- The Spa at Sagamo Muskoka Wharf Gravenhurst **
- Taboo Golf Resort & Spa Gravenhurst **
- Touch Spa at Touchstone on Lake Muskoka Bracebridge **
- Trillium Resort & Spa Port Sydney **