There’s something about the snowy season that evokes a need to rest and repose, and just like the woodland animals that retreat to their cozy lairs to hibernate, the long months with the shortest days are, for some of us, a time to take it easy and chill out. And that means adding a little heat.
In addition to many resorts, inns and day spas offering special packages designed to reset your inner balance and well-being, the fine establishments throughout Almaguin , Muskoka and Parry Sound are situated in some of the most stunning seasonal scenery you’ll find in the province of Ontario. The frosted forests, the vistas across thousands of frozen lakes, and the pure white snow that falls anew will heighten your senses and generate feelings of calmness and serenity.
Add to that warming yourself by a crackling fire with a wonderful book or indulging in some fine cuisine, and you’ve got the recipe for an exceptional – and deserved – health and wellness break.
Here is just a partial list of spas to visit this winter in Ontario’s cottage country.
- Avalon Spa at Christie’s Mill Port Severn
- The Couples Resort Spa Whitney (Algonquin Park east)
Amba Spa at Deerhurst Resort Hunstville
- Perfectly Pampered Day Spa Parry Sound
- Radiant Reflections Destination Spa at Rawley Resort Port Severn
Spa Muskoka Utterson
- Spa Rosseau at the J.W. Marriott Resort Minett
Amba Spa at Sherwood Inn Port Carling
- Amba Spa at Touchstone on Lake Muskoka Bracebridge
- Trillium Resort & Spa Port Sydney
To plan your winter vacation in the region, click here.