JOB TITLE: Bookkeeper
DATE: November 23, 2022
Reporting to the Executive Director, the position will be primarily focusing on government filings, month end and year end reconciliation as well as bookkeeping support on technical issues.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform bank and account reconciliation
- Preparing Financial Statements
- Year End Preparations
- Preparing biannual HST remittance
- Identify outstanding information on files and logging requests for information
- Works with the media purchasing team to produce optimal output and reports
- Maintain records of accounts receivable and payable and related reconciliations
- Identify account receivable collections
This is a hybrid position for a bookkeeping professional to join the team. The position will grow as the organization launches its travel agency division and embarks on workforce housing initiatives.
ABOUT EXPLORERS’ EDGE:
Explorers’ Edge is the regional tourism organization for Algonquin Park, the Almaguin Highlands, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka, Parry Sound and South Algonquin. Established in 2011 and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, the company promotes regenerative tourism development and is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture & Sport
- Sage 50: 5 years (required)
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (required)
- Microsoft Excel: 5 years (required)
- Not-for Profit Organizations: 5 years (required)
Deadline for applications is December 9, 2022 at 5pm. Rate range (negotiable) $26/hr – $31/hr. The successful applicant must have a valid driver’s license and provide their own transportation.
Interested Applicants please forward letter of interest with business background information or a resume and cover letter to:
Tourism Administration Manager
Email [email protected]