The ‘Howl At The Full Moon Zoom’ Photo Contest Rules (the “Contest”)
THIS CONTEST IS ONLY OPEN TO CANADIAN RESIDENTS (EXCLUDING QUEBEC) AND IS GOVERNED BY CANADIAN LAW AND THE LAWS OF THE PROVINCE OF ONTARIO.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. SEE BELOW FOR FULL CONTEST DETAILS. PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR FULL AND UNCONDITIONAL ACCEPTANCE OF, AND AGREEMENT TO BE LEGALLY BOUND BY, THESE CONTEST RULES (THE “CONTEST RULES”).
1) The Contest begins on Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) and ends on Monday, February 1, 2021 at 12 p.m. (NOON) ET (the “Contest Period”).
2) The Contest is open to all residents of Canada (excluding Quebec) who have reached the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry, except employees of Explorers’ Edge RTO12 (the “Sponsor”), their affiliates and agents, participating partners, contractors and immediate family members (defined as grandparents, parents, stepparents, children, siblings and spouse) of each such employee, together with those with whom such employees are domiciled are not eligible. Entries not valid where prohibited by law.
HOW TO ENTER
3) NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. To participate in this Contest, you must during the Contest Period,
- Register for the Howl at the Moon event before 4pm February 28, 2021 at https://explorersedge.ca/the-howl-at-the-full-moon-zoom-from-explorers-edge-january-28-2021/
- Complete the form at https://explorersedge.ca/howling-at-the-wolf-moon-photo- contest/ (together, an “Entry”):
- A photo of you howling at the January 28, 2021 full moon
- Contact information including full name, mailing address, and email
- Multiple entries are allowed but are limited to a total of 6 photos per person. If more than 6 are submitted, the first 6 submitted will be used for the purposes of the Contest.
4) Amateur and professional photographers are allowed to enter the Contest.
5) Your Contest Photo must comply with the following specifications:
- (i) be your original creation. Reproducing, modifying, enhancing or altering a third party’s pre-existing work does not qualify as your original creation;
- (ii) not violate the rights of any third party, including, but not limited to copyright. For example, your Contest Photo must not defame, infringe or violate publicity or privacy rights of any person, living or deceased, or otherwise infringe upon any person’s, entity’s or organization’s personal or proprietary rights, including but not limited to, intellectual property rights. For greater certainty, your Contest Photo must not contain trademarks, logos, or trade dress owned by anyone other than the Sponsor, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without express, written, prior permission of the trademark or brand owner;
- (iii) not have been published previously, used commercially, submitted to another competition or contest, or won any other award;
- (iv) be in “good taste” and in keeping with Explorers’ Edge RTO12’s brand image and must not be explicit, offensive, obscene, or profane, and must not be derogatory toward any ethnicity, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, profession, or age group, or promote any activities that may be unsafe or dangerous, as determined by Explorers’ Edge RTO12, in its sole and absolute discretion;
- (v) not contain any commercial content that promotes any product or service;
- (vi) not defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products;
- (vii) not be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- (viii) not violate any law or regulation;
- (ix) not be libelous, threatening or harassing;
- (x) not instigate others to commit illegal activities or violate human rights; and
- (xi) not contain any viruses, worms, or other interfering computer programming.
6) You will receive one (1) Entry in the Contest for each Contest Photo and online form you complete as described in Section 3 and 5, above and in accordance with these Rules. LIMIT (6) ENTRIES PER PERSON DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD.
7) By entering the Contest, entrants agree to be governed by the Contest rules as set out in this document and agree to have their name and photograph used without compensation for Explorers’ Edge RTO12’s purposes.
DRAW AND WINNER SELECTION
7) On Monday February 1, 2021 in Bracebridge, Ontario, at approximately 2:00 p.m. ET, seven (7) eligible entrants will be selected by random draw from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8) The prizes will be awarded in the following order:
- – the first eligible entrant drawn will win one (1) guided canoe day trip for four (4) adults with Canadian Adventure Expeditions (Approximate Retail Value: $650 Cdn)
- – the second eligible entrant drawn will win one (1) trip for four (4) adults with Parry Sound’s Islander Adventure Tours to tour Huckleberry Island (Approximate Retail Value: $184 Cdn)
- – the third eligible entrant drawn will win $200 in ‘Downtown Dollars’ from the Parry Sound Downtown Business Association (Value: $200 Cdn)
- – the fourth, fifth, sixth and seventh eligible entrants drawn will each win one Great Canadian Wilderness Mug Set (Approximate Retail Value: $50 Cdn each mug set) with Muskoka Roastery Coffee
8) Before being declared a winner: The selected entrants will be contacted by email and notified that they are eligible to win. The selected entrant must reply by email within three (3) business day of notification and provide Explorers’ Edge RTO12 with a contact phone number. The selected entrant must first correctly answer a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question to be administered by telephone. Explorers’ Edge RTO12 will then email, and the selected entrant will be required to sign and return within one (1) business day of notification a declaration of eligibility and a liability/publicity release, which: confirms compliance with the contest rules; releases Explorers’ Edge RTO12, its affiliated agents, advertising and promotion agencies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives, successors and assigns from any liability in connection with the Contest, the entrant’s participation therein and/or the awarding and use or misuse of the prize or any portion thereof; and grants to Explorers’ Edge RTO12 the right to use their submitted photo(s) in any form of advertising relating to the contest without further notice or compensation.
9) If a selected entrant: (i) cannot be contacted by email within three (3) business days of selection or there is a return of any prior notification as undeliverable; (ii) fails to correctly answer the skill-testing question; or (iii) fails to return the contest documents within the specified time, then he/she will be disqualified and will forfeit the prize, and Explorers’ Edge RTO12 reserves the right to select an alternate entrant from among the remaining eligible entries.
10) Only one prize will be awarded per household.
11) The winners will be publicly announced online at explorersedge.ca and on the Explorers’ Edge Facebook and Instagram account (Facebook and Instagram are in no way affiliated with this contest). A winners list can be obtained by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Explorers’ Edge, 3-1 Taylor Rd, Bracebridge ON, P1L 1X4.
12) Contest prizes are as follows:
- One (1) guided canoe day trip for four (4) adults with Canadian Adventure Expeditions (Approximate Retail Value: $650 Cdn)
- One (1) trip for four (4) adults with Parry Sound’s Islander Adventure Tours to tour Huckleberry Island (Approximate Retail Value: $184 Cdn)
- One (1) $200 in ‘Downtown Dollars’ from the Parry Sound Downtown Business Association (Value: $200 Cdn)
- Four (4) Great Canadian Wilderness Mug Set (Approximate Retail Value: $50 Cdn each mug set) with Muskoka Roastery Coffee
All prizes are redeemable only when it is safe/legal to do so according to federal, provincial and municipal regulations/restrictions due to Covid-19.
NOTE: The Prizes do not include, and Explorers’ Edge RTO12 will not pay for or arrange, transportation to and/or from any of the prizes. Finalists must arrange for their own transportation, accommodation, and spending money.
Prizes must be accepted as awarded and are not transferable or convertible to cash. No substitutions except at Explorers’ Edge RTO12’s option. Explorers’ Edge RTO12 reserves the right to substitute a prize or a prize component with one of equal or greater value, including without limitation, but solely in Explorers’ Edge RTO12’s discretion, a cash award. Prizes will only be awarded to the person who emails the contest entry.
13) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees to abide by these Contest Rules. This Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws. Void where prohibited by law. The decisions of Explorers’ Edge RTO12 with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final and binding on all entrants without right of appeal.
14) Explorers’ Edge RTO12 reserves the right to cancel, suspend, withdraw or amend this Contest in any way, without prior notice or obligation, in the event of an error, technical problem, computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of Explorers’ Edge RTO12 that interferes with the proper conduct of this Contest as contemplated by these Contest Rules. Any attempt to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of this Contest is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Explorers’ Edge RTO12 reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
15) You must warrant that your Contest Photo(s) meets the Photo Entry Specifications, set out above in section 5. Explorers’ Edge RTO12 reserves the right to deem ineligible and exclude from the Contest any Contest Photo that Explorers’ Edge RTO12, in its sole and absolute discretion, determines does not meet the Photo Entry Specifications. Your right to submit a Contest Photo must not be restricted in any way. You must be able to provide legal releases for use of your Contest Photo by Explorers’ Edge RTO12 in any format, and materials related to the Contest, including in relation to any third party’s name, likenesses or work (“Third Party Elements“) included in your Contest Photo.
16) Explorers’ Edge RTO12’s right to use your Contest Photo: You acknowledge that by submitting your photo(s) at https://explorersedge.ca/howling-at-the-wolf-moon-photo-contest/ during the Contest period you irrevocably, perpetually, and without limitation, grant Explorers’ Edge RTO12 the right to use, publish, adapt, sub-license, edit, dispose of, and/or modify such Contest Photo and the concepts and Third Party Elements embodied therein in any way, in commerce, and in any and all media worldwide in electronic and print materials related to the Contest, and waive all your rights, including moral rights, in the Contest Photo, without notice or compensation, and agree that you may be required to sign a release to that effect.
17) Photos submitted to the contest may be displayed as entries online on the Explorers’ Edge website and/or in posts on the Explorers’ Edge social media pages. In doing so we often resize, crop or print the photos. By submitting your photo, you hereby grant Explorers’ Edge RTO12 the right to publish, display, post and otherwise use the photo for marketing purposes on websites and other media. You agree that the photo may be cropped, edited, electronically manipulated or otherwise altered, and that whether or how the photograph is used is entirely for Explorers’ Edge RTO12 to decide.
18) All Entries are subject to verification at any time and for any reason. Explorers’ Edge RTO12 reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Explorers’ Edge RTO12 – including, without limitation, government issued photo identification): (i) for the purposes of verifying an individual’s eligibility to participate in this Contest; (ii) for the purposes of verifying the eligibility and/or legitimacy of any Entry entered (or purportedly entered) for the purposes of this Contest; and/or (iii) for any other reason Explorers’ Edge RTO12 deems necessary, in its sole and absolute discretion, for the purposes of administering this Contest in accordance with these Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Explorers’ Edge RTO12 in a timely manner may result in disqualification in the sole and absolute discretion of Explorers’ Edge RTO12. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid Entry in this Contest will be Explorers’ Edge RTO12 staff.
19) Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed, or otherwise, illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating, winning prizes (defined herein), and preclude you from participating in future contests and promotions, at the sole discretion of Explorers’ Edge RTO12. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions these rules will be judged void. All Entries become the property of Explorers’ Edge RTO12 upon receipt and none will be returned. Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) does not constitute proof of receipt.
20) Without limitation, Explorers’ Edge RTO12, their partnerships, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of such entities’ respective officers, directors, agents and employees will not be liable for any failure of the website during the Contest; for an technical malfunction or other problems relating to the telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software; for the failure of any Entry to be received by Explorers’ Edge RTO12 for any reason including, but not limited to, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website; or any combination of the above. Further, Explorers’ Edge RTO12, their partnerships, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of such entities’ respective officers, directors, agents and employees will not be liable for any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating or downloading any material in the Contest.
21) In the event of a dispute, Entries will be deemed to have submitted by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an email address by an internet provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. If the identity of an online entrant is disputed, the authorized account holder associated with the email account at the time of entry will be deemed to be the entrant. A selected entrant may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the selected Entry. The sole determinant of the time for the purposes of a valid online Entry in this Contest will be the time the email is received by Explorers’ Edge RTO12.
22) By entering the Contest, each entrant agrees that Explorers’ Edge RTO12, their partnerships, subsidiaries and affiliates and each of such entities’ respective officers, directors, agents and employees are not responsible or liable for any injury, loss illness, litigation or damage that may occur from participation in the promotion or acceptance, possession, use or misuse of prizes.
23) In the event that any dispute arises regarding the meaning or interpretation of these official rules, participants agree that the dispute shall be resolved by applying the laws of Ontario and that it shall be resolved by and within the courts of that province.
24) Entrants may withdraw their entry at any time; however this will remove all entries associated with their name and email address. Requests to unsubscribe from the contest should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org