Website Algonquin Outfitters
NOTE: This job is located in Algonquin Park on Lake Opeongo, there is an opportunity for accommodation options for some staff 16 years or older.
Summer accommodation is available for full-time staff at this location. Apply early to secure a spot in the on-site residence. Live and work in Algonquin Provincial Park this summer with this dream job!
Algonquin Outfitters Opeongo Store is looking to fill our water taxi department positions. The water taxi position is for people who enjoy being on the water and like exciting high-energy jobs. As a taxi driver, you will transport passengers to their desired location on the lake as well as load and unload their gear and canoes while keeping to a schedule. Drivers must be responsible and will work under minimal supervision. All drivers are also required to perform other duties and will be trained in canoe rentals. Accommodations are available on-site.
- Contribute to our excellent customer service standard.
- Load and unload taxi boats. Able to lift 50 lbs.
- Safely taxi customers to a portage or campsite in all weather conditions.
- Offer advice and answer questions about Algonquin Park and Lake Opeongo.
- Clean boats daily and ensure all safety equipment is on board.
- Assist in canoe rentals from the store when not driving taxis.
- Accurately complete all paperwork related to rentals and water taxis.
- Manage time and tasks without supervision.
- Assist with store opening and closing procedures.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- This position reports to Austin Bonvevere, Opeongo Store Manager.
- This is a seasonal position from late April until late October.
Testimonials from previous Water Taxi Drivers:
- @connorpike2 – “One of the best summers I’ve ever had! Amazing time amazing staff, and overall some of the best times of my life to date! Miss driving that Henley!”
- @ontariocottagerentals – “You’re paying them now to do this?? WOW. Best job, ever!!”
- @marchdekin – “My husband loved driving a water taxi there!!! Such great memories! ?”
- Standard First Aid
- Pleasure Craft Operators Card (not required if you possess SVOP certificate)
- Boating experience is an asset
- SVOP Certification is an asset
- Knowledge and passion for the outdoors
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent people skills
- Must be able to operate a vessel in poor weather conditions.
- Accommodation may be provided at Lake Opeongo, Algonquin Park
- Committed to work-life balance
- Company discounts
- Free use of rental equipment
- Ongoing training
- Performance bonuses
Equal Opportunity Employer
This employer is an equal-opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veterans status, Indigenous status or any other legally-protected factors. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $15.50 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Flexible schedule
- Store discount
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Boat Driving: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: Lake Opeongo, Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario
Application deadline: 2022-04-25
To apply for this job please visit algonquinoutfitters.com.