Website Huntsville Brewhouse
At Lake of Bays Brewing Company our philosophy is simple – make great beer, run a down-to-earth business, and have some fun while we’re at it!
When entering our Huntsville Brewhouse you can expect to see all of your Lake of Bays favourites, plus experimental one-offs and seasonals as we let our brewers go wild with six 6 HL fermenters. Our extra-small batch brewing facility includes a full kitchen with a seated capacity of 100+ customers. With street-facing windows that draw up to welcome in the fresh air, it’s the only spot to be in the downtown core!
We love to support fellow Canadian businesses. As a Sous Chef, you’ll get to prepare food with locally sourced and fresh ingredients for our awesome customers to enjoy.
- A positive, diverse and inclusive company culture
- Competitive compensation packages based on your skills and experience
- Paid time off including vacation, personal days and bereavement time
- Discounted merch & food
- Uniform and duty meal each shift
- Team-building activities and training opportunities (so you can be the best at what we do!)
- Comprehensive benefits package
- Annual company merch allowance and Beer Bucks (free beer!!!)
- Manage all activities in the kitchen, including food preparation and production, and management and training of kitchen staff
- Place orders with our many food service providers, while keeping stock levels in mind at all times.
- Assist in monthly inventories.
- Ensure efficient, cost-effective operation and profitability of food production
- Supervise and inspect all preparation and cooking equipment on a regular basis to ensure that they are kept clean, sanitary, and in perfect operating order
- Ensure that food products, presentation, and plating are of the highest quality, and are prepared to serve in a timely manner
- Assume the role as Chef in their absence
- Assure adherence to all standards of food quality, preparation, recipes, and presentation in conjunction with the specifications
- Monitor holding and storage operations, stocking and food rotation, and guarantee food service sanitation standards are met
- Assure kitchen personnel is trained in best cleanliness and sanitation practices
- 2 to 5 years of experience cooking in a restaurant, hotel, or resort
- High school or GED equivalent required, formal culinary training or associate degree in culinary arts preferred
- An understanding of cooking methods and procedures, and knife handling skills
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to perform tasks with accuracy and speed
- Creative with a passion for food and craft beer (a big win for us!)
- Ability to remain calm, cool and collected in a fast-paced environment
- Motivated with a “can do” attitude!
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to lead and motivate a team
- Standing, bending, stretching, and lifting and carrying are all part of the gig
- Weekday, evenings, and weekend shifts
$20.00 – $23.00 per hour
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com