The Mad Musher Restaurant and Riverside Rooms is situated in the village of Whitney, the gateway to Algonquin Park. Enjoy casual dining while viewing the beautiful Madawaska River, one of the main routes for logging in the days of the river drives. You are invited for breakfast lunch or dinner in a relaxed, casual setting in our licensed dining room. Looking for accommodations? Stay in one of our comfortable rooms while enjoying all that Algonquin Park has to offer. For your comfort, the restaurant and accommodations are air-conditioned and smoke free.
Algonquin Adventure Package
Join a qualified, local guide for an adventure in Algonquin Park! Choose from canoeing, hiking, or mountain biking.
– One night’s accommodation at The Mad Musher
– One packed lunch
– One dinner at The Mad Musher
– A guided excursion of your choice.
For complete package details click here or call 613-637-2820.
The Algonquin Park Advanced Astrophotography Workshop (available May 31 – June 2)
During the advanced astrophotography workshop we will work on and talk about many things from settings, setup, locations, tips and tricks and post processing techniques. We will discuss meteor showers, the Milky Way, northern lights (aurora borealis), deep space objects and other amazing things that happen under a dark sky and so much more.
– Park pass for the weekend
– Lessons on post processing
– Guided night photography in Algonquin Provincial Park
The Algonquin Park Advanced Astrophotography Workshop is $452 per person. For complete package details click here or call 613-637-2820.
Fall in Love with Algonquin Park Photography Workshop (available September 18-20)
We have teamed up with Helen E. Grose for a second year to offer the Fall in Love with Algonquin Photography Workshop. This three-day, two-night workshop is open to men and women of all ages and skill levels who are interested in nature and wildlife photography. It’s a chance to spend some time in nature in a fun and relaxed environment, learning tips and techniques to improve your photography, while being led to some of the most photogenic places – and hopefully faces! – in Algonquin Park.
– Wednesday, September 18 – lunch, dinner & accommodations at The Mad Musher
– Thursday, September 19 – breakfast (on the go), lunch, dinner & accommodations at The Mad Musher
– Friday, September 20 – brunch at The Mad Musher
– September 18 – 20 – guiding & photography instruction by professional photographer, Helen E. Grose ~ nature, landscapes & wildlife at The Mad Musher & in and around Algonquin Provincial Park
– Park permits will be provided for use while on the workshop
Fall in Love with Algonquin Park Photography Workshop is $700 + HST per person for shared accommodation. For complete package details click here or call 613-637-2820.
Howl Photography Convention (available October 18 – 20)
Whitney is the wildlife photo hub of Ontario. Countless photographers travel through Highway 60 in search of wildlife, purely dark skies, and untamed landscapes. HOWL is meant to connect us crazy nature lovers together for a weekend of inspiration, networking, food, drink, and live music.
– Access to 6 presentations over 2 days
– Morning workshop on Sunday, October 20th
– Complimentary food served by Mad Musher (dinner on Oct 18, breakfast, lunch and dinner on Oct 19th, brown bag continental breakfast on Oct 20th)
– Live music on both evenings (bring cash or credit card for the bar)
Howl Photography Convention is $450 per person. For complete package details click here.
For more information about The Mad Musher Restaurant and Riverside Rooms please visit their website.