Each year we elect new directors who guide Regional Tourism Organization 12 / Explorers’ Edge and the needs of the tourism industry in Algonquin Park, Almaguin Highlands, Muskoka and Parry Sound. We are expecting that (7) seats will be open on the board of directors for a two year term (2013 – 2015). In addition, there are opportunities for service on our: Transacting Committee, Research Committee, Governance Committee and Tourism Operator Relations Committee.
Please complete the nomination form and provide all information requested while responding to all questions.
The 2012 Nomination Committee has the responsibility to review all the nominations that have been submitted prior to April 5, 2013.
The Nomination Committee is guided by a set of principals while selecting the 2013-2014 Board of Directors. The Nomination Committee guiding principles are as follows, the slate of nominated 2013-2014 Board of Directors for Explorers’ Edge should:
• Be split 50/50 between males and females.
• Have geographical representation from the regions four zones; Almaguin Highlands, Algonquin Park, Muskoka and Parry Sound
• Encompass the top 7 identified key tourism components of RTO12. These include Accommodations & Spas, Arts & Entertainment, Attractions & Events, Culinary, Golf and Outdoor Adventure.
• Have skills including: Legal, Accounting, Marketing, Human Resources, Technology Communications, Public Relations
• Be business owners or their key GMs or Presidents with a vested interest in the development of tourism receipts.
The 2013 Nomination Committee will report to the Board of Explorers’ Edge the outcome of the nomination process 30 days prior to the Annual General Meeting. The board will then bring the approved slate of directors forward at the Annual General Meeting on May 28, 2013.
Questions should be directed to:
Click here to complete the nomination form.
Nomination Committee Chair
11 Taylor Road
Bracerbidge, ON P1L 1S6