Website Windermere House Resort
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Accounting Manager plays a crucial role in overseeing and managing the financial activities of Windermere House. The Accounting Manager is accountable for maintaining accurate financial records, ensuring compliance with accounting standards and regulations, and providing strategic financial insights to support decision-making at both the operational and executive level.
- Prepare and review financial statements, including balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements.
- Analyze financial data to identify trends, variances, and opportunities for improvement.
- Provide timely and accurate financial reports to management and stakeholders.
- Assist in the development of annual budgets and financial forecasts.
- Monitor actual financial performance against budgeted figures, investigating and explaining any significant deviations.
- Oversee the process of recording and recognizing revenue from room bookings, food & beverage services, conferences, events and other hotel services.
- Establish and maintain internal controls to ensure the accuracy and integrity of financial transactions and reporting.
- Ensure compliance with relevant accounting standards, regulations and tax laws.
- Supervise and mentor a small team of accountants.
- Coordinate month-end and year-end closing processes, ensuring all necessary adjustments are made.
- Prepare and review journal entries, reconciliation and accruals.
- Collaborate with auditors during financial audits and regulatory examinations.
- Perform and assist accounts payable and accounts receivable, including vendor invoice processing, payment scheduling and customer billing.
- Knowledgeable of Canadian payroll practices and processing.
- Identify opportunities to streamline and improve accounting processes.
- Provide financial insights to support strategic decision-making.
- Participate in special projects such as system implementations, mergers, acquisitions, and other strategic initiatives.
Perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
HEALTH & SAFETY
Work in compliance with the Occupational Health & Safety and its regulations by:
- Performing workplace inspections
- Conducting information sessions (safety talks, staff meetings, etc.)
- Conducting incident investigations
- Conducting employee training
- Correcting substandard acts or conditions
- Commending employee and supervisor health and safety performance
- Performing employee safety observations.
- Reviews Health and Safety Trends
- Responds to health and safety committee or worker representative recommendations
- Established a program to regularly communicate health and safety information
- Integrates health and safety into all aspects of the organization
- Records health and safety program reviews and changes
- Regularly encourages off-the-job health and safety activities for all workers
· Bachelor degree or diploma in Accounting preferred or experience equivalent
· Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in accounting or finance.
· Strong knowledge of accounting principles
· Proficiency in accounting software and financial management systems.
· Excellent analytical, problem-solving and communication skills.
· Excellent organizational and time management skills.
· Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
· Proficient in using MS Office applications, including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; other computer skills necessary for communication and research.
· Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Demonstrated tact and diplomacy with highly confidential information.
Interpersonal – Ability to:
· Approachability – through personal presence, be highly approachable to Windermere House team members, managers, executives, vendors and third parties.
· Respond promptly, accurately, and reasonably when making decision, ultimately ensuring successful problem resolution.
· Strong analytical, organizational, multitasking skills and be able to manage multiple projects successfully.
· Foster a climate of continuous learning, growth, and improvement, with a strong commitment to the development of others.
· Operate under pressure to meet deadlines and strive for excellence.
It is imperative to have an excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
To view original posting click here.
The job description(s) presented in this posting are solely that of the employer. Explorers’ Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.