Website Voyageur Quest
Full-time, Part-time, and Occasional Contracts available
Voyageur Quest is looking for canoe guides to work 3 and 5-day canoe trips at the north west corner of Algonquin Park for our 2022 spring/summer and/or fall season. In addition to having an exceptional canoeing tripping background, applicants should have strong leadership skills and be comfortable speaking about Algonquin flora, fauna, night sky and local culture in front of an adult commercial and family market. Solid interpretative and program skills are essential. Our guides love to teach our guests about the wonders of Algonquin Park. Warmth and hospitality skills are essential.
Applicants should have the following certifications:
- Wilderness Advanced First Aid or Wilderness First Responder
- Swimming Certification – Bronze Cross/NL or Swift Water
- ORCKA Canoe Tripping 3 an asset or equivalent
- Strong leadership experience in a wilderness environment
- Exceptionally strong canoe tripping background preferably in a commercial setting
- Clear and satisfactory criminal record background check
- Driver’s license strongly preferred
Canoe Guides should have a personal
- paddle, PFD, and tent for tripping
- comprehensive wilderness first aid kit
- Fully vaccinated against Covid-19 including boosters as available.
Salary: From $180 to $250 per day (as per ESA and commensurate with certifications and experience) PLUS tips
Perks: Lakeside shared cabin accommodation available which you are welcome to stay between trips or commute, staff and extended family discounts, training.
Interested candidates should fax or e-mail a résumé ASAP with cover letter to Eva
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Occasional Contract
To view original posting click here.
The job description(s) presented in this posting are solely that of the employer. Explorers’ Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com