Website Voyageur Quest
Position: Algonquin Park Log Cabin, Canoe Trip and Hiking Guide
Contracts available from: now until mid-Oct or Sept 1 to end-Sept/mid Oct, 2024
Type: Part-time, Full-time, or occasional, season contract approx 2 months
Terms: Per diem wage plus tips, Lakeside accommodation, and more (see below)
Organization: Voyageur Quest
Location: based out of Algonquin Park Access Pt #1, east of South River, Ontario
Voyageur Quest is looking for Log Cabin and Canoe guides to work 3 and 5-day canoe trips, 3-day Log Cabin trips at the northwest corner of Algonquin Park, and some hiking trips just outside the Greater Toronto Area – for our 2024 end of summer and fall season. In addition to having an exceptional canoe-tripping and wilderness camping background, applicants should have strong leadership skills and be comfortable speaking about Algonquin flora, fauna, night sky, and local culture in front of an adult commercial and family market. Solid interpretative and program skills are essential. Our guides love to teach our guests about the wonders of Algonquin Park. Warmth and hospitality skills are essential.
Other Responsibilities include:
– packing-in and out trip food and group gear (cleaning and reporting repairs)
– inspiring, facilitating, teaching, leading and supervising our guests to ensure safety and wellbeing
– Risk management
– Adminstration trip reporting where applicable
Applicants should have the following certifications:
– ORCKA Canoe Wilderness Advanced First Aid (WAFA 40 hrs) or Red Cross Wilderness First Aid equivalent
– Swimming Certification – Bronze Cross/NL or Swift Water Rescue
– Canoe Tripping – ORCKA or Paddle Canada certifications ideally Orcka CT 3
All Guides must have:
– Strong leadership experience in a wilderness environment – Exceptionally strong canoe tripping background preferably in a commercial setting – Clear and satisfactory criminal record background check – Driver’s license strongly preferred – a personal paddle, PFD, and tent for tripping – comprehensive wilderness first aid kit
Contracts available from: – now to mid-Oct 2024, or Sept 1- to end-Sept mid-Oct, 2024 – full-time, part-time, or occasional basis. – opportunity to renew for our winter wilderness guiding contract if interested
Salary: From $170 to $250 per day (as per ESA and commensurate with certifications and experience) PLUS tips
Other: Lakeside shared cabin accommodation available to stay between trips or commutes, staff, and extended family discounts, and training supports.
Interested candidates should fax or e-mail a resume AND cover letter ASAP to Eva. We thank you in advance for your interest and applications. Unfortuantely, we are only able to personally respond to those that are selected for interviews.
To view original posting click here.
The job description(s) presented in this posting are solely that of the employer. Explorers’ Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com