Website The Friends of Algonquin Park
The Friends of Algonquin Park is seeking a qualified individual to work as Collections Assistant with the Algonquin Provincial Park Archives and Collections (APPAC), located in Algonquin Park.
The employment contract is 6 months with possibility of extension.
– Scan and photograph documents and artifacts to add to the digital collection
– Clean, label, organize, catalogue, and properly house artifacts for collections storage
– Inventory artifact storage, improve storage organization, and update the Finding Aid
– Respond to natural and cultural heritage inquiries from members of the public
– Assist senior collections staff with day-to-day responsibilities and new projects including potential donations, research visits, inventories, pest & environmental management, and library management
– Assist senior collections staff with displays, interpretive events, and activities for Park visitors (eg. Loggers Day)
– Background and interest in history and education; a degree in Museum Studies, Archives, or History and/or relevant employment and volunteer experiences considered assets
– Experience with databases; knowledge of PastPerfect considered an asset
– Strong attention to detail and focus during repetitive tasks
– Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and oral & written communication skills
– Excellent computer skills; knowledge of Mac computer applications considered an asset
– Knowledge of Ontario’s natural and cultural history
– Knowledge of Algonquin Provincial Park
– A valid MTO Driver’s License and reliable transportation
The rate of pay is $16.55/hour based on 40 hours/week, working weekdays and some weekends as per schedule.
How to Apply
A cover letter and detailed resume outlining education, knowledge, skills, experience, and references should be emailed, or dropped off as soon as possible to:
The Friends of Algonquin Park
Algonquin Visitor Centre (at km 43)
Box 248, Whitney, ON, Canada K0J 2M0
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants and will acknowledge receipt of applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The Friends of Algonquin Park is an equal opportunity employer.
To view original posting click here.
To apply for this job please visit www.algonquinpark.on.ca.