Website Deerhurst Resort
Why Deerhurst Resort?
Nestled in the heart of Muskoka, Deerhurst Resort can become your new office with a view. Becoming a Host unlocks a world of opportunity to not only grow your hospitality career but yourself as well. On top of the beautiful and relaxing surroundings Deerhurst Hosts enjoy complementary activities such as Golf, Canoeing, Kayaking etc. Discounts on food, clothing and our concessions, such as water skiing, paintball, ATVing. Affordable staff housing is available on site and includes laundry, internet, shuttle service. Join our team and find out why thousands of people visit Deerhurst every year. Apply to Deerhurst today, Muskoka’s preferred place to work and play.
The Director of Rooms at Deerhurst Resort plays a pivotal role in ensuring the seamless operation and guest satisfaction within the resort’s accommodations and homeowner services departments. This position is part of the executive committee and reports directly to the General Manager. The Director of Rooms is responsible for overseeing the following departments: Housekeeping, Front Desk, Guest Services, and Homeowner Services. The successful candidate will lead a dedicated team to maintain the highest standards of service, cleanliness, and homeowner satisfaction.
Departmental Leadership: Provide strong and strategic leadership to the Housekeeping, Front Desk, Guest Services, and Homeowner Services departments, ensuring the delivery of exceptional service to guests and homeowners.
Guest and Homeowner Satisfaction: Continuously monitor and enhance guest and homeowner satisfaction by implementing and maintaining effective service standards, processes, and communication protocols.
Operational Excellence: Oversee daily operations of the departments, including budget management, forecasting, scheduling, and resource allocation to achieve financial and operational objectives.
Staff Development: Recruit, train, mentor, and motivate departmental staff to achieve peak performance, ensuring that they provide the highest level of service to all guests and homeowners.
Maintenance and Quality Control: Ensure that accommodations and common areas are well-maintained, clean, and meet the highest quality standards. Address maintenance issues promptly and efficiently.
Homeowner Relations: Build and maintain strong relationships with homeowners, property managers and condominium boards, addressing their needs and concerns and working collaboratively for the betterment of Resort operations.
Compliance and Standards: Maintain compliance with industry standards, regulations, and internal policies related to safety, security, and guest and homeowner satisfaction.
Guest Feedback and Problem Resolution: Act as a point of contact for resolving guest and homeowner concerns, demonstrating exceptional problem-solving skills and customer-focused decision-making.
Revenue Enhancement: Collaborate with the sales and marketing teams to identify opportunities to increase revenue through upselling and cross-promotions.
Project Management: Provide direction and leadership while collaborating with resort departments and vendors to complete organizational projects and goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hotel Management, Hospitality, or a related field preferred.
- 5-8 years of progressive leadership experience in hotel/resort operations, with a focus on Rooms.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Rooms Division operations (including housekeeping and laundry).
- Experience with Opera Cloud PMS preferred.
- Strong skill level with Microsoft Office suite of products, particularly Excel.
- Experience developing and managing operational and capital budgets.
- Passion for driving efficiency and profitability.
- Strong leadership skills and a proven track record of managing diverse teams.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and negotiation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of property management systems and hotel operations.
- Results-oriented, analytical, and proactive mindset.
- A passion for providing an exceptional experience.
Visa Requirements: Must be eligible to work in Canada
The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills, or efforts associated with or expected of the role, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements.
- Health and Dental benefit eligibility on position start
- Free use of staff amenities including golf, waterfront, non-motorized water sports, pool and fitness facility access
- Discounts: on food and beverage, spa and select company vendors
- Staff events and activities
- Fun work environment
Join our team today, and enjoy employee perks such as Resort staff pass for yourself and your dependents, retail, lodging, and restaurant discounts, along with additional perks and discounts at our other affiliated resorts – Horseshoe Resort and Muskoka Bay Resort.
To view original posting click here.
To apply for this job please visit workforcenow.adp.com.