Website Muskoka Bay Resort
Freed Hotels & Resorts thoughtfully designed with an emphasis on attention to detail, our hotels and resorts provide best-in-class service and incredible amenities – no matter the season.
Position: General Manager
Location: Muskoka Bay Resort, Gravenhurst, ON
Located in beautiful Gravenhurst, Ontario the General Manager is responsible for overseeing the overall operations of the resort and ensuring that it runs smoothly and efficiently. Reporting directly to the Chief Operating Officer, the General Manager is the on property liaison driving the Freed Hotels & Resorts brand, vision and company culture.
The General Manager is accountable for ensuring customer satisfaction, improving the resort’s reputation, and driving financial results.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement strategies to achieve the resort’s goals and objectives.
- Work collaboratively with the other Freed Hotels & Resort Leaders to ensure consistency within the organization.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the hospitality, resort and golf industries.
- Foster a culture of innovation, collaboration, and teamwork among the resort’s staff.
- Conduct performance evaluations for the Executive Team resort’s staff and provide feedback and coaching.
- Represent the resort in the local community and at industry events.
- Ensure full compliance to Resort and Brand operating controls, SOP’s, policies, procedures and service standards.
- Responsible for the preparation, presentation and subsequent achievement of the Resorts Operating Budget, Marketing & Sales plan and Capital Budget.
- Lead all key property issues including capital projects, customer service and refurbishment.
- Liaise with Executive team members in the successful handling of complaints of guests and homeowners and oversee the service recovery procedures.
- Manage on-going profitability of the Resort, ensuring revenue and guest satisfaction targets are met and exceeded.
- Manage the resort’s finances, including budgeting, forecasting, and reporting.
- Deliver Resort budget goals and set other short and long term strategic goals for the property.
- React to the P&L statements and financial reports to develop improvement actions and carry out cost savings.
- Support the COO, Freed Hotels & Resorts in the overall management and strategic direction of the Resort.
- Work with the Executive Team to ensure that monthly financial outlooks are on target and accurate.
- Working alongside the HR Director to champion and lead the succession planning and employee development practices throughout the Resort.
- Work closely with the Revenue/Reservations team to ensure hotel and conference targets are being met and competitive to market.
- Support the overall operations and Executive Team to ensure that all decisions are made within the best interest of the company and are fiscally responsible.
- Act as a final decision maker in hiring key roles.
- Manage and develop the Resort Executive team to ensure career progression and development.
- Provide effective leadership to Resort team members.
- Responsible for supporting the Executive team through organizational audits and compliance requirements.
- Responsible for maintaining and upholding the federal, provincial and municipal regulations in regards to safety and other legal requirements.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Ensure full compliance to Resort and SOX operating controls.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proven experience as a General Manager or in a similar leadership role in the hospitality industry.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and guest handling skills.
- Ability to motivate developing leaders to act as entrepreneurs while innovating guest-oriented solutions creatively and profitably.
- Computer literate in Microsoft Windows applications including Opera and payroll systems.
- Strong financial management skills and experience with budgeting and forecasting.
- Ability to think strategically and solve problems creatively.
- Strong knowledge of hospitality operations, customer service, and industry trends.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Our Commitments to you:
- Competitive total rewards package including; comprehensive Health & Wellness Benefits, and individual and family pass for all Freed Hotels & Resort owned properties throughout Canada
- Supportive colleagues, mentors and leaders. We care about each other across the organization and believe in collective impact.
Must be legally eligible to work in Canada
The above job description is not intended to be exhaustive lists of all responsibilities, skills or efforts associated with or expected of the role, but are intended to accurately reflect principal job elements
If you are a motivated individual with a passion for providing exceptional service, we would love to hear from you. Apply today to join our team as a General Manager!
The job description(s) presented in this posting are solely that of the employer. Explorers’ Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.