Website Windermere House Resort
JOB OVERVIEW: The Guest Services Agent is a key member of the Windermere House Team responsible for delivering high quality service to guests and creating an experience that will leave a lasting impression. Guest Services Agent is responsible for providing a warm welcoming environment, assisting with check-in and check-out procedures, and providing information about Windermere House, her services and the Muskoka area local attractions.
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1. Greet customers immediately with a friendly and sincere welcome. Use a positive and clear speaking voice, listen to and understand requests, respond with appropriate action and provide accurate information such as amenity hours and local shopping or attraction information.
2. Promptly complete the registration process by inputting and retrieving information from a computer system, confirming pertinent information including number of guests and room rate. Provide information regarding in house amenities Promote any in house specials or marketing programs. Make appropriate selection of rooms based on guest needs. Code electronic keys. Non-verbally confirm the room number and rate. Provide room keys & coupons or tickets when applicable.
3. Verify and swipe credit cards for authorization using electronic acceptance methods. Handle cash, make change and balance an assigned house bank. Accept and record vouchers and other forms of payment. Convert foreign currency at current posted rates. Post charges to guest rooms if applicable i.e., cot fee.
4. Promptly answer the telephone using positive and clear communication. Retrieve and respond to email messages in a timely manner. Retrieve mail and small packages for customers as requested.
5. Close guest accounts at time of check out and ascertain satisfaction. In the event of dissatisfaction, negotiate compromise, which may include authorizing revenue allowances.
6. Field guest complaints, conducting thorough research to develop the most effective solutions and negotiate results. Listen and extend assistance in order to resolve problems such as price conflicts, insufficient heating or air conditioning, etc. Remain calm and alert especially during emergency situations and heavy hotel activity. Plan and implement detailed steps by using experienced judgment and discretion. Ask for assistance when necessary.
7. Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
8. Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Must have the ability to communicate in English. Self-starting personality with an even disposition. Maintain a professional appearance and manner at all times. Can communicate well with guests. Must be willing to “pitch-in” and help co-workers with their job duties and be a team player. Considerable skill in the use of a calculator to prepare moderately complex mathematical calculations without error. Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy to defuse anger, collect accurate information and resolve conflicts. Ability to stand and move throughout front office (often for long periods of time) and continuously perform essential job functions. Ability to access and accurately input information using a moderately complex computer system. Ability to observe and detect signs of emergency situations. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates, customers and patrons. Attention to detail is a must.
To view original posting click here.
The job description(s) presented in this posting are solely that of the employer. Explorers’ Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.