Website Sawdust City Brewing Co.
Sawdust City Brewing Company is a cool craft brewery in a beautiful part of Ontario. We win awards for our beer, our customers love us and we have an awesome team of humans who all support each other and try to have as much fun as we can while still working hard to keep our customers and guests happy and engaged. At Sawdust City we don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our beer very seriously!
We’re in a beautiful small town surrounded by natural beauty and caring people. Our brewery is in a former Canadian Tire Store, so it’s pretty big. We’ve worked hard to create a welcoming destination for locals, seasonal residents and tourists alike. We’re building a brand new commercial kitchen and event venue. We are also willing to help you with obtaining various certifications. Whether that means your Food handlers, Red Seal, and scholarships.
We are looking for a motivated Line Cook with excellent communication skills who is ready to work in a fast-paced environment that requires attention to detail and the ability to multitask. We are building a kitchen culture of learning and succession with an emphasis on quality, the tenets of true hospitality, and a focus on guest experience. We are seeking Cooks with a passion for food who are ready to pass their knowledge on and support the next generation of young cooks while maintaining standards on their own stations.
- The Line Cook is responsible for cooking, preparing, serving, packing and storing food served to the patrons of our Saloon, Patio and Event Space.
- Line cooks will mainly be focused on Flattop, Grill and Entremetier depending on experience
- Line Cooks will also assist in the training and mentoring of Junior Line Cooks
- Prepare food in an efficient manner, while adhering to health and safety/food safety guidelines at all times
- Process multiple orders simultaneously
- Follow simple recipe instructions
- Maintain a clean and efficient work space
- Ability to work alone and unsupervised, as well as in a team
- Operate typical kitchen equipment
- Responsible for maintaining inventory and par levels
- Other duties as assigned – everyone says this, but we really mean it
- Food Handler’s Certificate an asset (we can assist with this)
- Flexibility to work different shifts
- Attention to detail
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Ability to work quickly and adapt on the go
- Exceptional observational skills
- Able to walk or stand for nearly 100% of shift
At Sawdust City we like to have fun, but we also pride ourselves on our dedication to beer. We don’t always take ourselves seriously, but the quality of our product is of the utmost importance. If you feel like you are the right match for the position, please apply via Indeed.
We thank all candidates for their interest, however only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
- Company events
- Discounted or free food
- Store discount
To view original posting click here.
To apply for this job please visit ca.indeed.com.