Website Bigwin Island Golf Club
The Food and Beverage department is looking for a team member to join our Front of House Management Team as Restaurant Manager.
As an integral member of the Front of House Management Team, your role focuses on someone who can
build solid and long-lasting relationships and offer consistent service and excellence to our Members and
their guests by delivering an outstanding guest experience.
This position will be all year round and you will report to and work closely with the Food and Beverage
Manager to maintain all service operations in promoting and ensuring Member satisfaction. You will
oversee our F&B operations at Bigwin Island Golf Club, including the Marine Dining Room, Dockside
Lounge, and Halfway House. You will be responsible for training and monitoring employee performance
by using your leadership skills to ensure the success of our F&B outlets. You are accountable for the
execution of day-to-day operations of the dining outlets, including active floor management, ongoing
staff training, and end-of-day administration functions.
You are expected to be on site (on the Island) from the end of April/Early May until October 31st.
November through May, you will need to be available for some in person meetings and online meetings,
working from home during this timeframe to fulfill a 40-hour work week.
• Monitor dining outlets for seating availability, service, safety, and well-being of members and their
• Address member/guest concerns, complaints, comments, followed by an immediate resolution.
• Comply with all operations manuals, opening and closing procedures, daily communication reports,
restaurant procedures, cleaning schedules, and all other duties required to execute daily routines
• Maintain continuous inspections of all outlets to ensure that members are served efficiently,
professionally, and courteously.
• Monitor food quality and presentation standards.
• Operational functions of POS system.
• Involved with ongoing menu/wine/cocktail development.
• Assist in the preparation, set-up and maintenance of event spaces.
• Timely delivery and accuracy of monthly beverage inventory.
• Assist as required with receiving deliveries and thoroughly checking invoices for product quality and
• Assist management with recruitment and training of employees and be knowledgeable about staff
rules and regulations, Club philosophy, and safe working practices.
• Develop and provide ongoing mentorship to motivate employees, creating a passion for consistent
• Build and maintain a positive work environment, ensuring each of the team members are set up for
success, providing them with on the floor leadership and proper resources to do their job.
• Ensure a clean and well-maintained work environment, with a focus on employee health and safety.
• Minimum 2 years experience in a leadership role in the Hospitality industry with previous supervisory
experience at a private club environment.
• Smart Serve Certification.
• Passion for food, wine and exceptional guest service.
• Self-motivated individual with strong leadership, problem solving and organizational skills.
• Ability to remain calm and composed in high-pressure situations.
• Impeccable attention to detail and cleanliness.
• Work collaboratively in a team setting.
• Flexibility to work variable shifts; including evenings, weekends and holidays.
• Excellent communication (speak, read, write)
• Sufficient degree of computer literacy-MS Office/NorthStar software or equivalent.
• Constant standing, bending and walking throughout shift.
• Frequent lifting (up to 50lbs)/ascending or descending stairs.
Attractive year round salary • End of year bonus potential • Benefits: Dental, Vision, Extended Health
Care, Dining & Golfing privileges, Meal plan and Uniform plan • Paid vacation to be agreed upon
For all inquiries/submissions:
Food & Beverage Manager
To view original posting click here.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org