Website The Rock Golf
We are looking for individuals to join our team. If you’re eager to learn, enjoying being outside and have no problem with early mornings, we want to hear from you. The Rock Golf Club is an 18 hole public golf course that has been artfully sculpted on the shores Lake Rosseau. Utilizing the site’s dynamic topography, the 6649-yard course is carved tight with narrow tree-lined fairways and sloping greens that wind through rock outcroppings.
- Responsible for chemical applications on all golf course areas using fertilizers, fungicides, insecticides, herbicides and other plant health products.
- Accountable for safe application of all chemicals, following specific label rates and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Responsible for calibration and operation of all application equipment.
- Maintain chemical storage and mixing areas.
- Organize record keeping of chemical usage and inventory.
- Implements IPM program to determine thresholds for disease treatment and pest treatment of the golf course.
- Operation of equipment such as utility tractors, hand operated equipment and mechanically pressurized equipment.
- Compliance with all safety regulations of assigned tasks, and ensure a clean and safe working environment with active participation in the health and safety program.
- Adhere to all environmental policies and programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned
- Reports directly to Golf Course Superintendent and Assistant Superintendent
- 1-3 years golf course spraying experience
- Valid Ontario driver’s license
- Valid Ontario Landscape exterminator license
- Valid IPM agent or willingness to obtain during or prior to start of the golf season
- Knowledge of pesticide chemistry and effectiveness
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Preferred candidate will have previous experience with golf course maintenance software and Microsoft office
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Must be punctual for early morning start times
- Must be available to work weekends and holidays
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, physically demanding environment
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
Job Types: Full-time Contract May-October
Salary: $18.00-$20.00 per hour
Apply with resume to [email protected]
To view original posting click here.
The job description(s) presented in this posting are solely that of the employer. Explorers’ Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org