Website The Rock Golf
The Rock Golf Club is an 18 hole public golf course that has been artfully sculpted on the shores of Lake Rosseau. Utilizing the site’s dynamic topography, the 6649-yard course is carved tight with narrow tree-lined fairways and sloping greens that wind through rock outcroppings. We are looking for an eager, responsible, independent, and highly motivated individual for a summer internship position. This is a hands-on position, ideal for an individual looking to gain valuable experience in the turf industry.
Working with the Assistant Superintendent and Superintendent
- Aid in setting up the daily maintenance schedule for the crew
- Leading a weekend crew
- Operate and train crew members on the safe operation of various turf maintenance equipment
- Assist in IPM scouting and record keeping
- Repair and operate the irrigation system
- Pesticide and fertilizer application
- Operate equipment to carry out cultural practices
- Communicate with other departments when necessary Adhere to the companies policies and practices Requirements
- Must be enrolled in an accredited Turf Management program.
- Good communication skills essential to motivate and direct a crew of 15.
- Valid Landscape Exterminators License or willingness to obtain a license prior to the start of the golf season.
- Knowledge of irrigation systems and drainage.
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Must be willing to work flexible hours which include early morning weekdays, weekends and holidays; evenings when necessary.
Job Types: Full-time contract Summer
Salary: $17.00-$19.00 per hour
Apply with resume to [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. If you are contacted about an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
To view original posting click here.
The job description(s) presented in this posting are solely that of the employer. Explorers’ Edge is not responsible for the accuracy, reliability or currency of this information and does not accept any liability for the conduct and/or practices of employer.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com