JOB TITLE: Product Coordinator / Explorers’ Edge
DATE: April 25, 2018
Reporting to the Tourism Administration Manager, the product coordinator will assist with the operations of tourism business data entry, website updates, tourism operator relations, program promotion, social media monitoring, event organization, stakeholder outreach and other general administrative tasks related to both domestic and international programs.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Update searchable database on the Explorers’ Edge website and in the CRM database.
- Liaise with tourism operators to direct calls and to provide information.
- Provide administrative support to annual projects.
- Assist with the distribution, delivery and tracking of consumer packages across the region.
- Produce photographic images of seasonal events and activities.
- Make weekly updates, including events and packages, to the Explorers’ Edge website, as well as all affiliate websites.
- Monitor all social media pages including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
EXPERIENCE OPPORTUNITY SUMMARY:
This is an excellent opportunity for a recently graduated student studying to work in the tourism industry. The opportunity includes attending and learning about tourism events, building innovative tourism packages (domestic and international), capturing digital images (supporting marketing and social influencing) and identifying potential members by meeting and networking with tourism operators.
EXPERIENCE OPPORTUNITY DESCRIPTION:
The position will provide opportunities for successful candidate to:
- Develop transferable skills in the context of tourism marketing i.e. a) communication (speaking, writing, listening, reporting and interviewing) b) human relations (developing a rapport, cooperating, providing support) c) organization, management, and leadership (initiating new ideas, handling details, coordinating tasks)
- Understand an organizational culture related to tourism that supports training (weekly meetings, employee on-boarding, reporting, opportunities to share ideas and insight)
- Understand the provincial tourism model (RTO12 specifically) by travelling to the sub regions under RTO12 such as Algonquin Park, the Almaguin Highlands, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka and Parry Sound (all of which are strong yet diverse tourism destinations).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
Candidate hired must meet the eligibility criteria of the program. Young people being considered for a youth internship must:
- be unemployed or underemployed youth (persons aged 30 and under);
- have graduated within the last three years with a degree, diploma or certificate from a recognized post-secondary institution;
- be legally entitled to work in Canada;
- have not previously participated as a youth intern in FedNor’s Northern Ontario Development Program or in any other federal or provincial internship program with pay for a period of six months or more;
- not be related to the directors, officers or managers of the organization
Deadline for applications is May 18, 2018 at 5pm. This contract position will run to March 31, 2019, Monday-Friday from 9am-5pm at our Bracebridge office. Rate range $16.00/hr – $17.00/hr. Successful applicant must have a valid driver’s license and provide their own transportation.
Interested Applicants please forward resume and cover letter to:
Mrs. Erin Smit
Tourism Administration Manager
Email [email protected]