In partnership with the Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce, Explorers’ Edge presents an in person workshop Wednesday April 27, 2022 at the Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing in Parry Sound, Ontario. The workshop is designed to help tourism-based businesses learn about LGBT+ inclusion and how to effectively understand, value and serve LGBT+ customers and employees.
LGBT+ Diversity and Inclusion for the Tourism Industry
- LGBT + Diversity and Inclusion for the Tourism Industry
- 10:30am – 2:00pm
- Charles W. Stockey Centre for the Performing Arts & Bobby Orr Hall of Fame
- 2 Bay St, Parry Sound, ON. P2A 1S3
10.30 am Presentation
- An intro to the 2SLGBTQIA+ Travel market
- An exploration of terminology, orientation, gender identity, and gender expression
- Inclusion considerations for 2SLGBTQIA+ workers and customers
15-minute Lunch Break – Included with registration
12.15 pm Workshop
- A scenario designed to explore and encourage discussion of what inclusion in the workplace can and should look like (i.e. allyship, inclusive practices, etc.)
- A series of scenarios designed to explore and encourage discussion of what supporting 2SLGBTQIA+ customers can and should look like (i.e. policies and practices, intervention, etc.)
- Next steps: an opportunity to encourage participants to consider and commit to their next steps
Additionally, if your business is interested in developing the LGBT+ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, or Transgender and related communities) market a short survey (which should take less than five minutes to complete) has been developed and is intended to gauge interest in the LGBT+ market and to take interested businesses further into the market development phase.