Social Media Coordinator & Digital Content Developer
JOB TITLE: Social Media Coordinator & Digital Content Developer
DATE: November 23, 2022
Reporting to the Senior Director of Regenerative Tourism & Communications, the Social Media Coordinator will develop, monitor and post content to Explorers’ Edge various social platforms.
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Tourism Operator outreach for content development and product immersion
- Daily monitoring and posting to social channels
- Digital content development
- Works with the media purchasing team to produce optimal output and reports
- Website updates
- Assist with lead nurturing production
This is an excellent opportunity for a savvy social media and content professional to join a leading marketing team in the Canadian tourism industry. Working with senior management and third-party service providers, you will be “the voice” of Explorers’ Edge on our Great Canadian Wilderness brand.
ABOUT EXPLORERS’ EDGE:
Explorers’ Edge is the regional tourism organization for Algonquin Park, the Almaguin Highlands, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka, Parry Sound and South Algonquin. Established in 2011 and governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, the company promotes regenerative tourism development and is funded by the Ontario Ministry of Tourism, Culture & Sport
- Demonstrated ability to produce engaging content across multiple social channels
- Demonstrated ability in video and design production
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of the region (Algonquin Park, Almaguin Highlands, Loring-Restoule, Muskoka, west Parry Sound district and South Algonquin)
- Experience developing travel/tourism content
- Driver’s license and vehicle (renumeration provided for mileage)
Deadline for applications is December 9, 2022 at 5pm. Rate range $26.00/hr – $31.00/hr. The successful applicant must have a valid driver’s license and provide their own transportation.
For more information on Explorers’ Edge visit www.explorersedge.ca and for our consumer facing brand The Great Canadian Wilderness www.thegreatcanadianwilderness.com.
Interested Applicants please forward resume and cover letter to:
Tourism Administration Manager
Email [email protected]