The purpose of the Tourism Administration Coordinator (TAC) is to provide support for office administration, marketing programs and the governance activities of Explorers’ Edge.
The position reports to the Executive Director.
The position will be located at the office of Explorers’ Edge
- 3 Taylor Road, Bracebridge, ON
DUTIES & ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Reception duties including front line communication, telephone answering, responding to emails and general queries, checking voicemail and forwarding messages, etc.
- Administrative assistance for Executive Director including maintenance of office files (where required), open and distribute mail, take minutes at meetings, handle requests for information and data (research), schedule and coordinate meetings (travel arrangements), etc.
- Simply Accounting updating including Accounts Receivable / Payable
- Office care oversight including garbage and recycling, schedule cleanings, ensure necessary supplies are in stock.
- Inventory management of office supplies, cleaning supplies, and photocopies of necessary documents (copies of research for distribution, etc).
- “Fuel & Fun” coordination (liaise with operators, answer general queries, track participating operators, track consumer registrations, create and distribute packages, etc.)
- Upcoming Events listings research and uploading on website, including Special Offers
- Website content administration (upload and update operators into Searchable Database as necessary)
- Creation and filing of Board and Committee meeting Minutes
- Room & food bookings/coordination
- Monitoring of social media channels
- Tradeshow registration & Coordination
- A valid & current driver’s license & Use of vehicle required.
COMPENSATION & SCHEDULE
- 1 Year Contract
- $16.82 Hour
- 40 hours/week
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ TOOLS
The Tourism Administration Coordinator must possess the following skills:
- Must have an understanding of tourism both provincially and regionally.
- Must possess strong strategic planning skills, along with strong conceptual development abilities in tourism and commerce development.
- Must be able to generate concepts/ideas independently and within groups.
- Balance of strategic, analytical, creative and operational orientation.
- Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with and enthusiastic and engaging personality.
- Basic understanding of web technology, simple image manipulation and the effective use of social media and multimedia. Includes programs such as; Twitter, Facebook, webinar software and Microsoft Office.
The Tourism Administration Coordinator should possess the following competencies to differentiate superior performance.
- Use common sense in solving problems.
- Excellent customer service and organizational skills with the ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Ability to work quickly and effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Work within precise limits or standards of accuracy.
- Perform a variety of duties which may change often.
- Superior project management skills.
- Communications and/ or tourism administration experience an asset.
Please forward your resume and covering letter, not later than 12 p.m. on Friday April 8, 2016 to: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.